It’s August, and the retail sector keeps reminding us of the coming season change. But if you live in Southwest Florida, you know it’s hard to get too excited about fall fashion when the 10-day forecast is nothing but more beautiful Florida sunshine (with the occasional thunderstorm thrown in) with highs in the 90s.
August is also National Eye Exam Month. And at Collins Vision, that’s a topic we can and do get excited about! After all, caring for the health of our amazing patients’ eyes is why we’re here.
Top Five Reasons to Care About National Eye Exam Month
National Eye Exam Month may not be as exciting as, let’s say, National Cake Month and definitely not as thrilling as National Cookie Day (team chocolate chip!). But your vision is something we take seriously at Collins Vision, so we’d like to spend some time sharing all the reasons you should have a comprehensive eye exam every year
1. Prevent and Detect. With many eye conditions and diseases, early detection can quite literally save your sight. An annual comprehensive eye exam at Collins Vision is so much more than seeing if you need glasses or contacts. It can alert us to conditions like glaucoma, macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy. If eye disease is present, we can begin treatment and/or monitoring to help protect your vision for a lifetime.
2. Improve Your Performance. Good vision improves performance at school, work and play. It’s tough to focus if you’re having vision problems, which may contribute to reading and concentration issues in the classroom or workplace. Poor vision can also affect your golf or pickleball game! Just ask Carla or Les.
3. Avoid Digital Eye Strain. Americans of all ages are more “plugged in” than ever before. For a variety of reasons, screen time is reaching epic levels. Do you know what else is on the rise? Dry eye. While dry eye symptoms can be related to allergies or environment, experts agree that doing near work on smartphones and computers—such as emailing, texting, viewing, working or gaming—can be blamed for much of the increase in dry eye symptoms in recent years.
Did you know we have a Dry Eye Clinic dedicated to identifying the underlying cause of dry eye symptoms and to offering patients a customized treatment plan? Well, we do! So if dry eye is something you struggle with, let’s find out why and get you on the road to relief! Schedule an evaluation at our Dry Eye Clinic today.
4. Find Freedom (from glasses and contacts). At your comprehensive eye exam, we can discuss if LASIK might be right for you. Thanks to many great advancements in the field of laser vision correction, you have the opportunity to enjoy improved vision without the hassles and restrictions of glasses and contacts. Dr. Collins is a fellowship-trained and trusted LASIK surgeon with decades of experience. Not sure if you’re a candidate? Let’s find out!
5. Restored Vision to Match Your Lifestyle. A comprehensive eye exam can identify whether or not it’s time for cataract surgery. But around here, cataracts aren’t a problem. They’re an opportunity! Dr. Collins specializes in something we call Refractive Cataract Surgery, where the goal is to remove your cataract and reduce your dependency on glasses at the same time by correcting refractive errors such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism and presbyopia with a premium intraocular lens. It’s an advanced procedure that goes beyond standard cataract surgery to deliver amazing results designed to fit your unique vision and lifestyle.
See the Difference. For us, this is so much more than a catchy slogan. We want you to See the Difference for yourself. From laser vision correction to middle-age reading vision help to restoring sight after cataract surgery, Collins Vision can be your trusted eye care provider for a lifetime.
Schedule your comprehensive eye exam today! We can’t wait to serve you and welcome you to the Collins Vision family.